We are going to look at the Resource Packs we use when playing Minecraft Sevtech Ages on the WickedNinjaGames servers. With this in mind, read on.
You may have seen some of the gorgeous screenshots from the WNG team. So if you want to know how we achieved this while keeping the game playable?
We used a combination of Resource Packs to make our Minecraft experience really shine. What’s more the load order is also important. With this purpose in mind, let us begin.
Minecraft Sevtech Settings
- If you are using the 32x resource packs we recommend 6 – 8GB of RAM allocated to Minecraft
- If you are using the 64x resource packs we recommend 10 – 12GB of RAM allocated to Minecraft
- The higher RAM values should be used if you decide to install a Shader (we do not give technical support for shader installing.
Note: Over 10GB of RAM allocated to Minecraft can cause issues, So use with caution.
- 6GB of VRAM should allow you to run the 32x resource pack
- 8GB of VRAM is required to run the 64x resource pack
Minecraft Resource Packs
For Sevtech we use resource packs designed for version 1.12.2. As can be seen in the download links below.
When you have all the resource packs drop them into the resourcepacks folder. In this case the path will look something like this:
Minecraft Vanilla Resource Packs
Minecraft Optional Resource Packs
- PureBDcraft More 3D Blocks – MC1.12
- PureBDcraft More 3D Items – MC1.12
- PureBDcraft Technology – MC1.12
Minecraft Sevtech Ages – STA Resource Packs
- SphaxSevtech64x-v4.zip – 64x
Resource Pack Load Order
Below you can see the load order we use for the resource packs. To illustrate, we recommend this order to achieve the best result. But keep in mind packs at the top take priority over the packs lower down. This is important when they both have textures for the same block.
Last Updated: June 16, 2021